Rural workers have been left to rot for too long - the butt of public service cutbacks and a weak ministry. We have been pushed around between EU programmes, gangmasters, big farmers, monopoly retailers and a government of and for millionaires.
The countryside charter aims to change rural Britain. Drawn up by the activists behind the Country Standard journal, the charter is a unity call to rural activists.
• Restore the Agricultural Wages Board
• Restore the Commission for Rural Development
• Unite to save local schools, post and health services - build housing
• Break with EU Common Agricultural Policy
• Extend the Gangmaster’s Act
• Tax super profits of the giant food retailers
• THE LAND TO THOSE WHO WORK IT!